Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  129
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595100105110115120125130135140141142143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,447 of 1447

Thread: What did you do with your Miata today?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do with your Miata today?

My car sat with no car cover since October. Needless to say that it was filthy. Over the past two days I've washed, clayed, compounded, polished and waxed the body. Since my aluminum wheels are uncoated, it was time to give them attention. Took them off, scrubbed the non polished barrels and took a buffing wheel to the polished areas. Didn't get too anal about them. When finished, I had enough ceramic to treat the front wheels. I ordered another bottle, that will last for a while from Amazon. I still have to do the interior. It always amazes me how much time can go into detailing the car, and I'm not even lifting the hood!
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

Drives
    KIA Soul
    Post Thanks / Like

You could spend a week detailing a car if you really wanted to. Can't wait to see your car. I'm just trying to imagine everything so far. What ceramic product are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morreale View Post
    My car sat with no car cover since October. Needless to say that it was filthy. Over the past two days I've washed, clayed, compounded, polished and waxed the body. Since my aluminum wheels are uncoated, it was time to give them attention. Took them off, scrubbed the non polished barrels and took a buffing wheel to the polished areas. Didn't get too anal about them. When finished, I had enough ceramic to treat the front wheels. I ordered another bottle, that will last for a while from Amazon. I still have to do the interior. It always amazes me how much time can go into detailing the car, and I'm not even lifting the hood!
    Good job Joe!! Look forward to see pictures of the final result, which brands do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

I used Mequiars clay, polish and polymer sealer. For the raw aluminum wheels, I like Colbalt ceramic.
    2001 SE British Racing Green - FM frame rails - FM solid sway bar - FM clutch- Mishimoto 53mm radiator - Bilsteins -
    Complete MK Turbo kit with intercooler - 3'' custom exhaust - Custom door panels - Custom "shorty" console

5. Thanks Agent☣Orange thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info ✌️��

Post Thanks / Like

Painted my front (Racing Beat) and rear (FM) sway bars in black?

Next? will powdercoat my Autoexe chassis brace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 61B80ED3-28C9-4C0A-884D-9CAC0A5A9797.jpg   BDC75003-3512-4FBE-AC35-5D9A261FF730.jpg   9F1385F7-BE21-4DC6-93CB-49F7DC4BA57C.jpg   08F59142-55F1-4EA3-A0DB-3EDD0AD95E54.jpg  

8. Likes Jaysz28, Agent☣Orange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Car seemed low on power. Took a log. Boost was coming on late and the psi line ragged when in full boost. I broke out the home made smoke tester and in five minutes found a loose clamp on the compressor. Took it out and getting 20 hp back felt real good. It was also the first time I could run through four gears, with the car running well, using the 3.63 diff.

10. Likes Agent☣Orange, Jaysz28 liked this post